We make money the old fashioned way...

We make money the old fashioned way...
We print it.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm not a smart man...

After losing money I always check to see what went wrong. Years ago when I first began trading I was dutifully following William O'Neill's strategy of 5% stop losses, which he later moved to 8% as the market makers caught on to the 5% level and routinely gunned the markets to 5.1% past the logical stop to bounce you out. At the time I couldn't time entrys very well and took tons of losses. I began using points instead, but will be returning to the good ol 5% pronto. This would have not only kept me in my winners of the last month but also kept me from getting stopped out of yesterday's move as well.

Losing a little is part of the game, but losing when I'm right is intolerable...

No comments:

Post a Comment